So, I just thought I needed a break from my Kdrama world for a moment and decided to have a Hollywood movie night. I chose to watch the movie How To Be Single... like I needed it. Like I do not know how to be single and stay being one. Like I am not an expert on that matter. LOL.
Anyway, these are the thoughts that were running through my mind during watching and after I watched the movie:
- The one who wasn’t looking for love, pushing it away, found one and a persistent one at that. Isn’t it ironic?
- The one who wanted to find love (again), ended up not finding one. Again, isn’t it ironic? But at least she has found self-worth.
- The one who kept basing her chance in finding “the one” in statistics was trying to find one on the Internet. And I was like telling myself, she has 0.0001% chance to find someone authentic online. Poor one.
- There will always be that someone who doesn’t like to be inside a romantic relationship at all. Trust me. Not all people are looking for love and can handle being committed.
- There will always be those people who are obsessed with the idea of falling in love. Like if they don’t secure themselves with a romantic partner, it’s like their lives are over.
- There are people who like to play around and didn’t like commitment. But there will come a time that they’ll fall in love… and get their heart broken for the first time in their life. That sucks.
- Love is usually not permanent. People will lose that feeling at some point, but it might come back… and lose again.
- Almost everyone is looking for love because they thought it will make them happy and secure. What they fail to notice is that keeping a long-lasting relationship with someone might be a lot harder and challenging than looking for someone to start a relationship with.
- Being single isn’t a bad thing at all. Just because you do not have that person who treats you extra special doesn’t mean you’re not special. Self-love is what you lack if you think you’re not.
- Lastly, do not seek temporary break-up or cool-off when you are not ready for the possibility of losing that person during the process.
I think I have to go back to writing. The next novel that I am about to write is about being single as well. It’s about a woman in her late twenties who preferred to stay single but didn’t want to be called “single” for a reason. Because being single has a stigma. She doesn’t want to be perceived as lonely and has an unattractive personality just because she’s single. I might start writing the first chapter tonight. 🙂